Monday 23 July 2007

Postal strike

I was going to blame my lack of posting on the postal strike which occurred early last week, however I realised that:
a) That doesn't make any sense, and
b) Its my blog so actually I don't have to explain :o)

In reality it has just been the busiest week! For one horrible moment it seemed as though the insurance company were going to refuse to pay out on the fire damage and we were going to be left with £20k worth of charred building, all because someone had originally sold me the wrong type of insurance policy. My best stern voice and underlying threat of court action seemed to get it sorted and on Saturday a team of munchkins came and demolished the damaged walls and structures.

I say munchkins, but they were actually post GCSE lads who the building firm is using for demolitions as they are swamped with flood damage all over the country. After my initial dismay at their ages, they proved to be pretty good workers, and seem to have done a good job....well there are no walls or building left just a lot of hardcore and a very full skip!

On a positive note, the motorbike insurance has paid out, and I didn't need to demand a better settlement. And my new motorbike is being picked up today :0)

Oh and I managed to actually run all the way round the park! I've been doing a run / walk programme because I'm becoming a lard arse again and feel quite rough and today was a real milestone. Strangely it feels much more satisfying than a bit weight loss, so maybe I should learn something from that?

No comments: