Sunday 15 July 2007

The british beach









I've noticed in the last couple of months that many of the "high end" glossies including Vogue and Harpers have had articles on how cool it is to holiday in the British countryside. Well..dah...yes! As kids we spent all of our family holidays around the UK and had some fab times, I know this was somewhat motivated by lack of cash but I also know that neither I, nor my sisters, would complain about this in any way.

Consequently we find ourselves replicating these types of breaks at a drop of a hat. Today was one of those days...ahhh lovely Southwold!

3 comments:

SandDancer said...

Those are wonderful pictures - did you take them? I love beach huts!

Chocolate & cherries said...

Glad you like them sanddancer, they were only taken on my phone as I had forgotten to take my camera with me.

As you might have guessed I'm pretty keen on the resurgence of the british seaside and living where I do I am near some good examples of it.

My sis and I decided we should buy a beach hut but the one we saw for sale was £28k!

SandDancer said...

I wouldn't have guessed they were taken on a phone - the slightly washed out colours make them look like old photographs.

I'm originally from a northern seaside town so have a bit of a fascination with it too - I especially like them out of season.