Wednesday 24 October 2007

Long day

I'm sat here, admittedly at home, just finishing off some work. I actually have lots more to do but I have just had a realisation that apart from driving I have actually been working constantly for 12 hours!

Suprisingly I'm not feeling bad about this, actually I think I may have found my work mojo and despite all the bits I don't like and the various difficulties I suspect I might actually be starting to enjoy my job. Bizarrely I am nervous about even thinking that, let alone writing it down. Its very important to me that I am motivated and inspired by my job and so far I haven't liked this one much at all. The people are great, which has kept me going, but maybe I'm getting into my stride.

Now the only problem is my inbuilt need to be liked and respected, I so need to get over that cos at the end of the day the people I'm working with now are always going to find reasons to bitch and moan and I'll never be as good as "so and so" despite the fact that they moaned about them at the time too. Anyway I musn't let it get me down, they don't "know" me and hence it doesn't really matter!

PS does anyone think it a bit weird that I am actually considering working till 20.15 cos then it would be exactly 12 hours?

No comments: