Sunday 21 October 2007

Ahhhh and relax!

I've just been for a swim followed by a short session in the steam room. I'd forgotten how good a nice gentle swim can make you feel, especially if you also have a bracing motorbike ride home afterwards!

I love this time of year, or rather, I love this sort of cold crisp bright sort of weather. Inviting enough to get you outside but also with the potential for cosying up inside afterwards. I also find it mystifying how quickly it seems to get dark, rather like someone has dropped a blanket over a light.

Before I get too poetic, see swimming is good (or bad depending on your view point), the actual point of this post was about the fact that the strangest things can make you relaxed.

Last weekend I had the pleasure of meeting some of the lovely fashion girls, including Sandancer and Lomie. It was a great day and many cocktails were drunk, and as before the highlight was putting real people to the names on the screen. Whilst it is slightly nerve wracking in that whole "making friends, what if they don't like me" kind of way, the relaxing part comes when you realise that you feel quickly relaxed with people that you already have a "link" with even if you do end up feeling slightly stalkerish for explaining that you have been baseing your recent explorations into films on the comments of someone you only knew the online name of :o)

1 comment:

SandDancer said...

I didn't think your comments about film were stalkerish! I was just a little bit embarrassed by the flattering comments.

It was nice to meet you too. I was so surprised how late we stayed out as when you first said you had to catch the 10.30 train, I really thought we'd have gone home long before that.