Thursday 3 January 2008

The 2008 post

As you will notice not much posting went on at the end of 2007. Although it was a fantastic year in many ways the last few months weren't so great.

As regular readers will know, I have ended up in a job I'm not enjoying which has made me realise quite how important my career is to me. Hopefully better news is on the horizon though!

In the week before Christmas I got a call from an old colleague who is hopeful that he might have something for me. I'm meeting him later this month and have my fingers well and truly crossed! This isn't without mixed feelings though, as it happens I really like the majority of my colleagues and will be sad to leave them behind...however I am not going to worry about that now!

I have got the obligatory resolutions, hopefully they aren't all rubbish although some do sound rather trite, so apologies in advance!

  1. Do not talk on my phone whilst driving - its bloody stupid and I know it!
  2. Take 3 lots of exercise a week
  3. Drink at least 1.5l of water a day
  4. Blog at least twice a month
  5. Celebrate the good stuff!
The last one was triggered by the following which I posted on Handbag earlier, it made me feel so much more positive - despite my post Xmas lurgy - that I wanted to save it for posterity.

Ten Things

  1. My motorbike - makes me feel like a rebel and reminds me that there is more to life than the daily grind
  2. Power kiting - exercise and running about on the beach like a kid, I swear I haven't had grazed knees in about 20 years
  3. My flat - it's not perfect but it's all mine and I got it all by myself and noone can take it away (as long as I pay the mortgage of course!)
  4. A hot sunny evening, a chilled glass of organic rose and a captivating book
  5. A cuddle when I'm feeling down and fed up of being an adult
  6. Sushi
  7. Knowing that you are wearing nice underwear, and are groomed - even if noone else sees it
  8. Hermes 24 Rue Faubourg, red nails and red heels - give me the "power" in difficult meetings
  9. Taking a really good photograph
  10. Making someone you care about happy

No comments: