Friday 3 August 2007

New job

Apart from feeling very much like the new girl, things are going well in the new job. The organisation seems to be in a bit of disaray, but nothing that couldn't be expected with the immense level of change going on.

The people seem very friendly and quite nice, although I haven't got the measure of my boss yet. I am quite excitable and open, he seems completely the opposite. I suspect I may struggle with this because communication is central to who I am, and how I operate, on the positive side though he doesn't seem to micro manage, so I guess I'll just be able to go to him for considered, thoughtful advice when that is what I need.

I am missing the comfortableness and comradery of the old place though, I suspect I won't make as many true "friends", i.e. people I actually chose to see outside work, here. And I am not sure if they are ready for my random musings yet, but I guess that is what the blog is for :o)

No comments: