Friday 10 August 2007

I miss London





Overall things are going well in the new job, but what has really suprised me is how much I miss being in London those few days a week. I think I had actually grown to appreciate it, and lets face it having a little bit more money makes in more accessible!

Just before I left my old job my OH suggested that we should make time to go to London socially so that I could get my fix. I'm going to take him up on that, and perhaps make time to actually do things when I go home to visit my folks and sisters.

In the meanwhile here are some photos I took recently.

3 comments:

SandDancer said...

I'm going through a 'loving London' phase at the moment - I think it might be because the sun is out and everything looks so much better. But I do have times where I hate it and wish I was living somewhere else.

Are you in Norwich? (or have I completely made that up?) I went to university there, but haven't been back for years.

Chocolate & cherries said...

Yep I am in Norwich. What did you think of it here? Its changed massively in the 7 years I've been here, the shops are much better and the arts scene seems to be increasing too.

Its strange but I think I'd only just started to appreciate London again and in a way I had the best of both worlds in some ways. All I need is a salary which enables me to have a flat in London and a house in the country...sigh!

SandDancer said...

I liked Norwich while I was a student but back then there really wasn't much in the way of employment there (apart from with Norwich Union) so there wasn't really much reason to stay on after I graduated. Also most arts things seemed to revolve around the university back then too.

The couple of times I went back in the few years after graduating, I noticed some changes, especially the better shops. I think it would probably be a good place to live now I'm older as it is still a city but without the stress of London.